At the library where I work stuff like this happens a lot
– Patron needs help unlocking iPhone
– Tried iTunes but patron also forgot iTunes password
– Sent password reset to Gmail but patron forgot Gmail password
– Gmail sent reset to phone but…
– Patron forgot password to bank account
– Bank sent password reset to Gmail, but patron can’t access Gmail
– Gmail sent password reset to phone
– Patron doesn’t have that phone anymore
I wish I can get the word out that your phone is often your last resort to resetting passwords. Try not to lose access to your phone and try to keep your phone number.
If you only remember one password, let it be the one for your phone. If there’s only one thing you can keep from losing, let it be your phone.